Even higher above everyday life? Thanks to the via ferratas, the Eggstöcke are also a challenge for inexperienced as well as experienced climbers. The climbing garden on the south side also offers over 40 secured sport climbing routes for experienced climbers.
Experience in the airy heights!
Fancy an adventure at altitude? The via ferratas are also suitable for inexperienced climbers. A head for heights is a prerequisite - then the fun can begin.
The via ferratas are located at the Eggstöcken, above the Gumen, which you can reach comfortably with the Gumen combined cable car.
The Eggstöcke can also be reached on foot from Braunwald (mountain station of the Braunwaldbahn):
- Walking time to the entrance approx. 2.5 hours
- Return path approx. 1.5 - 2 hours.
- Circuit Leiteregg (blue) with safety rope (difficulty approx. K3): 2.5 to 3.5 hours
- Tour Vorder - Mittler Eggstock (red) with safety rope (difficulty approx. K3): 4.25 to 6.25 hours
- Tour Vorder - Hinter Eggstock (black) with safety rope (difficulty approx. K5): 4.5 to 6.5 hours
- NEW: Leiteregg ascent (double track) as relief route to the previous K3 route (difficulty approx. K5)
The via ferratas lead over four peaks. The routes are always on the ridge. Thus, during the entire traverse, the view is directed to the impressive landscape to the north and south. A ½ hour walk to the start and ¾ hour walk back to the Gumen make these climbing routes so unique. In addition, the landscape could not be more impressive. Find out about the technique - this climb is definitely worth it.
Have we aroused your curiosity? Find out more about the via ferrata routes in Braunwald directly on the page.